Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cracked Watercolour Trees


I made this card in Val's Stampin' Up! group last year. I've since had requests to make it twice more. Very simple, many layers, and masculine. I will never sell my "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set, ever; it's too versatile and pretty. I've used many times in different ways and techniques. This one uses watercolour paper to give a shadowy effect to the trees. I first stamp trees using Brown Staz-On, then you restamp offset a bit for "shadow" in Always Artichoke. I forget if we spritz the stamp image first then stamped on the paper or if we spritz the paper then stamp image on wet paper to give the blurred shadow. Well, guess I'll have to try it later and let you know.

Card Stock: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Watercolour.
Stamp Sets: Weathered, Lovely as a Tree.
Ink: Brown Staz-On, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa.
Accessories: brads, sponge daubers, distressing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment