Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Dear Friend Birthday



WOW! Absolutely love this card. I used purple, can you believe it? I amaze myself everyday. It was Carol's birthday yesterday and one of her fav colours is purple. I had seen a similar card on Splitcoaststampers and right away I thought it could be done in purple. This is a Hostess stamp set and I adore it, definitely will be using this one a lot, hopefully. I first stamped the images on Whisper White in different colour shades but then I noticed it was a little too "harsh" (I don't know if that's really the right word to describe it, but something was off). I've been meaning to use vellum on a card for the longest time (I bought some like 4 months ago), and this seemed like the perfect time because it kinda "muted" the colour down a bit without taking away the effect I was going for. I added the sentiment on the vellum and then sponge daubbed the edges a bit.

Card Stock: Perfect Plum, Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Vellum.
Stamp Set: Echoes of Kindness, All Holidays.
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Ballet Blue.
Accessories: Sponge daubber.


No comments:

Post a Comment