Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wedding Cards

Wow! Can't believe that I've been away from my blog for this long! Since April! Anyway, these are the wedding card that I prepared because my friend Carol's daughter was getting married and so was John's nephew in Greece. Believe it or not I didn't have many wedding cards in any of my 6 full card boxes. So I just found ones that I likes and revamped them into wedding ones.

Here we go:


Found a card similar to this one in Stamp It! magazine Aug 2008. Original card was a sympathy card but I loved the layout, sorry. You may not see it very well but it says "Best Wishes" in embossed pink. I also made a brown one exactly the same. That's the one I'm giving to Jessica and Brock (Carol's daughter) since their wedding colours were brown and orange (fall colours).







Cased this one, again don't remember who or where, but it was using the Herb Expressions stamp set. It says "best Wishes" embossed in gold. And because Stampin' Up! doesn't make an Orchid Opulence ribbon, I had to dye my own using reinkers and white ribbon. Came out beautiful; a little lighter shade than Orchid Opulence but it worked out fine. Absolutely gorgeous!












I cased this one from a card I made at Lori's Birthday Stamp-A-Stack earlier this year. Changed the medallion from a cupcake to a wedding cake.












I think this one was cased from Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts but not quite sure. Love it!

Kraft paper matches with all colours. Stamped the image on the Kraft in white ink. Then adhered the vellum on top after I let it dry a few hours and stamped the Best Wishes in white on the it. Cut out the butterfly and popped it off the card.
This is my favourite wedding card that I made.






This one I cased from Michelle Zindorf here. It's a multi-step card using embossing powder but the effect is gorgeous.
This is the one my husband picked for his nephew. I hope they like it in Greece; Europe has a strange sense of style.




That's it for today. It took me an hour and a half to make this post because I forgot how to upload pics, then forgot how to change rotation on my cards, and I had to rename all the pics (there was 24 of them) first so that I knew what they were at a glance (DS2345 doesn't tell me much about the pic). And I must have re-posted it 10 times because of spelling mistakes, grammar errors, and bad lay-out.
Have a great day! Hope to come back soon to upload all my other pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment