Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #54

I've completed another challenge today. Actually two challenges in one card. I used the sketch challenge found on Mercy's blog and Tuesday's Splitcoast Stampers Colour Combo. When I saw the colour combo, "Barely Dusty Grays", I was thinking, "What the heck am I gonna come up with?" "I can't do this!" and one more thought, "It's too ugly, won't do it." But I did it anyway. That's why they call it a C-H-A-L-L-E-N-G-E, I guess.
Here's what I came up with. I used Bella Birds DSP (retired). The yellow colour in Bella Birds DSP is So Saffron but when I compared the DSP with Barely Banana, it was pretty close. So although technically I didn't complete the colour combo challenge, I give myself a passing grade anyway because it pretty darn close. Or maybe here's a thought: I should colour in the bird with Barely Banana using my aqua painter and I do pass the challenge. HA! That's what I'm going to do.
Stamp Set: Asian Artistry
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Dusty Durango, Whisper White, Bella Birds DSP
Ink: Basic Gray but going to add Barely Banana to the bird
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nesties (petite oval, petite scallop oval) MS Zig Zag Edge punch, ribbon

4 comments:

  1. diane...this is so clean and crisp! great colors, image, and border punch!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a wonderful job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Diane,I've been blurfing and found you on Mercy's blog.You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete