Thursday, December 31, 2009

Multiple Challenge Card

Today's card was awesome to create. I used 4 challenges, not an easy feat. There's not too many Thursday challenges out there. Actually, I only know of 2; Splitcoast Stampers and Pals Paper Art. Pals Paper Art's challenge this week was "Anything but a Card" and that's not what I was about today, so I didn't do it. If you know of any other Thursday Challenges, I wish you'd email me the link but for now I'll just keep future Thursdays open for the challenges that I haven't gotten around to.

Colour Q is a Tuesday Colour challenge. When you see the colours together you think that they'll be easy to build a card with. Nah,huh! Yes, they look great together side by side but how do you incorporate all the colours together on one card. Then I reused Monday's Pink Elephant Sketch Challenge, just because and again I changed the orientation.


Splitcoast Stampers Thursday's Ways To Use It Challenge was "All About Time" using "time" as the theme for the card. I didn't have any clock or watch type of stamps but I did find the word "time" in a greetings stamp set. And the final challenge is from 365 Cards, called "Digging Deep". You had to dig in to your stash of "HAD to have it now but still haven't used it". My stash of this sort is a pretty big stash, I have shoe boxes for each colour and a few drawers full of miscellaneous. But I was lucky because in my stash of pink, I found the flower sticker. If you look closely, there's some light pink (Pretty in Pink), bright pink (Melon Mambo), white (Whisper White), dark brown (Chocolate Chip), and turquoise blue (Tempting Turquoise). Really couldn't believe my luck. So here's my card:



I still think there's something missing in the top right corner. Maybe I should of used a Pretty in Pink DSP to add a bit of umph. I'm still quite happy about the way it turned out though.

Stamp Set: Absolutely Fabulous
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Pink Flamingo DSP
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: ribbon, brads, flower sticker.

8 comments:

  1. Diane your card is great and kudos for completing multiple challenges. For future reference, go to dailydare4u.blogspot.com Deb lists a ton of challenges each day!

    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, this turned out just lovely! Your stash and my stash sound the same..LOL..thanks for joining in on the 365 de-hoarding fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!!! Wow, your stash seems to hold a lot of scrappy yummieness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the flower branch! Great job with the 365 challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful, Diane! I really like how you flipped the sketch on the side! Thanks so much for playing at the colorQ this week!

    ReplyDelete