Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday's Splitcoast Challenge SC261

This is this week sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stamper. Quite simple and clean, real easy to work with. I pick a good week to challenge myself since they haven't been tricky sketches.


I made two cards for this challenge since I needed to cut two sets of Cutie Pie (retired) DSP in order to get opposite diagonals. I wanted to use the Peace Within stamp set for sure. Since I picked the Cutie Pie DSP, the colours were a bit of a challenge. I tried this way and that using different colours and layering (wasted at least a half hour deciding that). I found that the simpler the the better. I watercoloured the image (doing much better, got to practice shadowing). It came out all right but it wasn't the look I had in my head, so I changed my mind about using the image again for the second card.
This card turned out much better and really "fits" in with the DSP; in my opinion. It's a two-step stamp set called Soft Summer, shame I've only used it once before. I used sponge daubers for the first step, then markers and a Stamp-ama-jig for step 2. I had to add a sentiment and then a bit of shadowing because there was just too much white space around the image, just used a sponge dauber and tried to go lightly but there are a few spots that are a little darker. Looks OK though. Really happy about the way it turned out.

Stamp Sets: Peace Within, Soft Summer
Card Stock: Bashful, Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Cutie Pie Dsp
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Sponge daubers, aqua painter, stamp-ama-jig


1 comment:

  1. Oh so beautiful!!!Such a relaxing card,and love the paper,very pretty!

    ReplyDelete