Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh Beautiful Luminary

I was planning projects for my Christmas party for my Stampin Gals. I knew I wanted to do this, and to do that, and I came up with four easy to complete projects. And then I remembered one of the gals (thanks Lorna) sending me a link on luminaries and thought, "that is a good project". So I get started on figuring out my dimensions, which DSP papers I was going to use. Then I make a dummy out of scrap paper, but I complicated things because I was putting a twist on it. I was adding a "drawer" to store 4 tea lights.
I am keeping notes because if I want to reproduce it and let my gals reproduce it, I need kind of a tutorial, a step by step guide. I don't know exactly how long it took me to do all this but by the time I finished my actual luminary, it was time to get ready for work. I had long ago given up on the tutorial since things were not going my way as easily as I wanted. And I knew that no one at the Christmas party, who might be consuming a bit of alcohol, would want to be doing this, now, complicated project.
So here it is:


I do love it. It came out gorgeous. And I would probably make it again as a gift for someone but not anytime soon.  Maybe after a couple of weeks have gone by and I have forgotten all my frustrations with it. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, me likey!!! Let's make this someday (preferably sober)! And it sounds like we need to have patience, too...but worth it!

    ReplyDelete