Monday, May 30, 2011

Card Making Day at Carol's House

Sunday might have been a beautiful day out or it might not have been.  I wouldn't know since I spent the better part of the day making card challenges at a good friend's house. Yup, my friend's name is Carol and we had a ball. I brought along with me four different colour challenges and five sketch challenges. We ended up only making two cards each. And here they are:
So this is Carol's card. She used the Sketch N Stash Challenge and Scrapmaster's Paradise Colour Challenge. She used one my new favourite stamp sets that even I haven't inked up yet. But I will soon. She had to move the sentiment's placement to balance out the card and I think it looks right where it's suppose to be.
 And this is Carol's second card. She used the Diva Coffee Break Sketch Challenge and 4 Crafty Chicks Colour Challenge. I love the font of the Happy Birthday sentiment and of course the cupcake punch. Can you imagine we used to cut things like that out with scissors? And the big circle Cuttlebug embossing is magnificent, adds the right texture. Beautiful!
 And here is one of my cards. Everyone who knows me knows that I have issues with purple. There isn't too many purple cards in my shoe boxes. But after a few hems and haws, I decided to use the Splitcoast Stamper's Colour Challenge along with Diva Coffee Break's Sketch Challenge. I still ended up fiddling a while with the purple, putting it here, no there, nope maybe this way but I am glad with the way it turned out. And I got to use my new crafty tiles; don't know how well you can see them under the flowers.

And finally this card. Originally Carol was going to use this stamp set and this colour combo. I suggested a few things but then I realized that I was actually doing the challenge for her. So she moved on to something else. I get all excited sometimes, I tell ya! Sorry Carol. This layout from Sketch Saturday took me a while to get the colours from 4 Crafty Chicks right. I could get any of the 3 colours ok but adding the fourth, ugh! So I tried many times, and made a few scraps along the way but I am very satisfied with this card. And I love this stamp set, really only the butterfly.

I will enter my cards for the challenges that are still current. Unfortunately I am too late for Splitcoast.
I hope that we can do this again soon. It's fun getting all creative with a good friend.
Have a great day! And I hope you enjoyed the beautiful cards.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ladies! You girls did AWESOME :) I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday! Thanks for joining in at Scrapmaster's and 4 Crafty Chicks this week!!!

    Lori - SP Color Diva
    - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete