Thursday, May 8, 2014

Deck the Halls in May

This is my second post of the day. Keep scrolling after this one to see a 3-in-1 challenge card from 4 Crafty Chicks, CAS - Colours and Sketches, and Colour Me...!

My second card for today is another Christmas card.

When I saw this sketch from Tis' The Season I knew that I would use the Label Card thinlits. I have not use this die as often as I thought, so it was time to dig it out, dust it off, and put it to good use. Tis' the Season also linked their challenge with lovely Jingle Belles, whose only requirement was to add BLING.






Needed to take two different pictures for you to get the full effect of this wonderful card. My bling is the silver pearls, I really did have to control myself and not go too wild with them.












Merry and Type stamp set added a great background on the right flap. The DSP is from Fresh Prints and Season of Style packs, they complimented each other very well here.





If I keep playing along with these Christmas challenges, I'll be done before the season even starts. Why don't you play along too?

7 comments:

  1. what a *FABULOUS* use of that verrrrry cool die set, not to mention an awesome take on both the TTS sketch and the JINGLE BELLES bling! love this beautiful and dynamic card! thanks for playing along with TTS and JB!

    ps: had to laugh at the presence of "control" and "bling" in the same sentence... NOT something that's ever happened to me, personally, but you've rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun fold card.. I love all your elements. Thanks for joining us at 'Tis the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fold of this card. I've always wanted to try and make one but haven't yet. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Tis the Season for this fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on the sketch and bling! I love the ornaments going down the side of the card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season and our friends at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fantastic fold with the sketch ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you incorporated the Label Card Thinlit as a part of the sketch, Diane. Very nice card! Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the polka dots and the fun fold card!

    ReplyDelete