Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Feel Good Graduation

Boy, it doesn't take long for "spring" life to get in the way of hobby and fun. I took the time play this morning while the rest of the house slept.

I was able to play along with 5 different challenges for this card.

Mojo Monday for the sketch.




The Pink Elephant for the Theme: Graduation
Make My Monday for an additional theme: Nature
And finally 2 different Splitcoast Stampers challenges. Monday's Try a New Technique  (Stamping using embossing folders) and Tuesday's Colour Combo (Crisp Pistachio Garden).

I have to say, I don't use Crisp Cantaloupe very often and it proved a bit challenging to incorporate here. But I think it turned out ok. The technique was to ink up your background embossing folder, spritz it with water, lay your paper on top, then gently press with your fingers to transfer ink to paper. I inked to top of my leaves (Nature, along with the punched out flower and leaflet) in Pistachio Pudding and the bottom who Garden Green for the ombre effect, but it did come out like I wanted. Looks more like all one colour, Pistachio Pudding. I didn't have any Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon (I know, I couldn't believe it either. I have all the other colours.) So I found my stash of a long ago retired Groovy Guava ribbon. Almost a perfect match, Crisp Cantaloupe is brighter where Groovy Guava is dull.

The Feel Good stamp set was perfect for the Graduation theme. Popped it up with dimensionals. Added a little bling. And voila!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I really like the background and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! Joan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the color combo. Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Graduation theme! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete