Monday, May 5, 2014

Merry Monday #107

I was awake bright and early this morning, like 4am ugh, so it was perfect timing to play around in my craft space in the basement. I can be quiet and let the rest of the house sleep yet still be doing something.

I've been spying on my friend's blog lately (I mentioned her yesterday too, Lori), at all the challenge she plays around with as a designer. I am going to try to participate in every one this week, starting with Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.



Isn't this a great sketch to work with. I needed to turn it landscape to fit my image nicely.

Once I decided on the stamp set: Something For Christmas, Winter Frost dsp popped into my head. From there, it was a no brainer which colours I was going to use and try the latest ombre trend. Nailed it! (IMHO)

Other stamp sets I used: Ornament Keepsakes, A Banner Christmas, and Mixed Medley.
Colours: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuday Bay, Indigo Island.

Why don't you give this sketch a try??? And get started on your Christmas cards, it's never too early for that.

Gotta run now, literally. I am signed up for a 10K race on the May long weekend so I better get my miles in. Even though it snowed this past weekend, most of it melted on the paths so that I can go outside and enjoy the crisp air.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Diane, these are wonderful colours and papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....I love that you used my version of the sketch girl! LOL...Works really well with those sentiments! Love these colors!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this sketch, Diane! Love this stamp and the ombre look! Good luck on the race! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those ornaments are too just. Love the colors and patterns you used too! So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, this is so very pretty! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours Diane, and the sketch looks great either way. I may have to try it this way now, best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Diane! Love the sentiment and your pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete