Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Pink Elephant Mother's Day

This morning I played along with yesterday's challenge from The Pink Elephant #249: Mother's Day theme. I had already made my mother a card for this event, didn't need another so the sentiment is temporarily stuck on till I took the picture. Not sure if I'll be going with a get well or sympathy sentiment yet.

I also played along with Splitcoast Stampers Monday Clean and Simple Cards challenge #271, where you visit Arizona Maine's card gallery, pick a card, and CASE it with your own spin on it. I picked this one HERE. You may have to be a member of Splitcoast Stampers to view it, and I recommend you do because there is great inspiration to be found there as well as talented card makers, tutorials, and daily challenges. Here's my card:
Okay, I wasn't very good at adding my own twist. I just popped the sentiment, changed the dsp and stamp set. Don't you just LOVE that stamp set: Stippled Blossom. Sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen set. The colours I used are: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, and Baked Brown Sugar. Used the Bigshot for the trim (Tasteful Trim), the oval (oval framelits), and the sentiment (old labels die).

Today is a busy day off for me again. Hopefully I can get around to playing with another challenge this evening with my Crafty Inkettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment